You have probably already heard that marketing is a process that helps to generate leads and turn prospects into clients. It may look a bit like this in practice:
- People start to know you thanks to advertising, via blogs or articles, and word of mouth for example.
- Then, they may like what you are talking about on your website, in your newsletters or at a speaker’s event.
- If you demonstrate some credibility, people start to trust you and want to find out more.
- They will start buying low-risk products such as webinars or ebooks maybe.
- Once they’ve had a taster of what you offer and find it useful, they may want to move up the ladder and buy more expensive and complex services on offer.
- Happy clients will recommend you to people they know and may buy more services.
With this step-by-step approach in mind, there are two magic words when it comes to marketing your services: “consistent” and “constant”. It means being coherent with what you say, what you do or how you’re coming accross and showing up on a regular basis.
When you are your own marketing manager, it is challenging to maintain the momentum and the temptation to put off marketing activities is high.
Even if you find you have enough clients to keep you busy for now, it is worth carrying on with your marketing commitments. It will help you move your prospects through the steps described above and provide you with regular business.
Frequent marketing ‘check ins’ will enable you to keep on top of your ‘to do list’ and avoid the sensation of being overwhelmed. Additionally, it will enhance your visibility and credibility with your clients, people they refer you to and your prospects.
So keep making your marketing activities happen and turn your marketing ideas into reality.
Photo credit: poppet with a camera
Related posts you may like:
For more marketing tips, subscribe to the blog to receive updates delivered directly to your inbox.