This is the beginning of a new year, the time to be ready to start afresh, full of enthusiasm for the months ahead. Maybe you have made some New Year’s resolutions and you are thinking of making changes in your professional and business life. Perhaps you already have a detailed plan to market your skills and services in the months to come.
As a member of a gym, I have noticed that January is the month of the year when the place is crowded with new comers. In February, it is much quieter because a large number of new comers have given up on their goal of becoming healthier and fitter. Some people don’t put their New Year’s resolutions into actions long enough to create new habits.
So, if you have a marketing plan for this year, how are you going to find the motivation to stick to it in the next few months? Here are a few tips and ideas to hopefully inspire you to keep the momentum going:
- Create time in your diary. Schedule your marketing activities throughout the months, weeks and days.
- Make your plan of action achievable so you feel you are making progress. Break your plan into smaller steps you can focus on and complete easily.
- Keep focused on the outcome. With the big picture in mind, remember what your business and professional objectives are.
- Think of the reasons why you want to achieve these goals in the first place. What make them so special?
- Be accountable to someone else. If you are only accountable to yourself, it may be all too easy to postpone marketing your services until later.
If you have a written marketing plan to support your career or business aspirations, you are more likely to succeed than those who haven’t. If you execute the plan, measure the results and re-assess your activities, you are much more likely to succeed than those who don’t turn their marketing ideas into reality.
For more marketing tips, subscribe to the blog to receive updates delivered directly to your inbox.
Photo credits: smrisk